The Ford Motor Company has finally unveiled – after months of teasing a captive audience via Facebook – an updated version of its Explorer model.
Does anyone else find it remarkably similar to a Range Rover, or is it just me? That front grill and ‘floating’ rear window are very much trademarks of Range Rover styling.
Ford claims the new Explorer will offer a 30% improvement on fuel consumption, by dint of a 2-litre turbocharged ‘EcoBoost’ engine that will also power the locally-built Falcon model from 2011. The four-cylinder engine will generate 177kW of power (at 5500rpm) and 339 Nm of torque. It will also offer a 3.5-litre V6 for those more inclined to burn fuel, although that is also claimed to offer ‘best-in-class’ efficiency.
The Explorer will not be made available in Australia, as the locally built Territory model already exists.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘Tasman Cup (1964-1975)’ - 19 September, 2017
- Hamilton wins in Singapore as Ferrari self-destructs - 18 September, 2017
- Pérez confirmed at Force India - 17 September, 2017
- Supercars: Sandown’s safety headache - 17 September, 2017
- Vettel storms to vital Singapore pole - 17 September, 2017