The Hispania Racing squad’s already-depleted coffers will take further pain at the Korean Grand Prix, with the race stewards fining the team $5,000 for an incident involving Sakon Yamamoto during Friday practice.
The pit crew released the Japanese driver from his garage with a tyre warmer still attached, and his crew breached several articles of the Sporting Regulations when they scampered to the pit exit to recover the tyre blanket.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘Tasman Cup (1964-1975)’ - 19 September, 2017
- Hamilton wins in Singapore as Ferrari self-destructs - 18 September, 2017
- Pérez confirmed at Force India - 17 September, 2017
- Supercars: Sandown’s safety headache - 17 September, 2017
- Vettel storms to vital Singapore pole - 17 September, 2017