Continuing our recent comments about France’s ever-diminishing involvement in Formula 1, it is worth noting that the A77 motorway the Mitterand government promised would be built to deliver Grand Prix fans directly from Paris to Magny Cours in 1991 (yes, you have read it correctly!) has finally finished its construction work.
A new interchange will deliver circuit visitors right to the gates of the Circuit de Nevers and it is expected to be open in February. It’s rather a shame that F1 hasn’t visited France since 2008…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘Tasman Cup (1964-1975)’ - 19 September, 2017
- Hamilton wins in Singapore as Ferrari self-destructs - 18 September, 2017
- Pérez confirmed at Force India - 17 September, 2017
- Supercars: Sandown’s safety headache - 17 September, 2017
- Vettel storms to vital Singapore pole - 17 September, 2017