Family commitments have forced Scott Dixon out of competing at next month’s ArmorAll Gold Coast 600 round of the V8 Supercars championship, with the New Zealander electing to remain at home following the birth of his second child in recent days.
His place at the Stone Brothers Racing Ford team (partnering Shane van Gisbergen) will be taken by former F1 driver and five-time Le Mans 24 Hours winner Emanuele Pirro – the Italian will become the ninth international driver at the event to have Grand Prix experience.
[Image via Daily Telegraph]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘Tasman Cup (1964-1975)’ - 19 September, 2017
- Hamilton wins in Singapore as Ferrari self-destructs - 18 September, 2017
- Pérez confirmed at Force India - 17 September, 2017
- Supercars: Sandown’s safety headache - 17 September, 2017
- Vettel storms to vital Singapore pole - 17 September, 2017