Garry Rogers Motorsport driver Lee Holdsworth has been issued a five-place grid penalty by V8 Supercars stewards when his team failed to present his Holden Commodore for weighing after yesterday’s qualifying session.
The decision means Holdsworth and co-driver Greg Ritter will start tomorrow’s 161-lap race from 13th place. The decision promotes Ford Performance Racing’s Will Davison into this afternoon’s one-lap Top-10 qualifying shootout, which determines the final starting order for yesterday’s fastest ten qualifiers.
[Image via Garry Rogers Motorsport]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCC: Chilton claims first Citroën win - 8 August, 2016
- WTCC: Grid penalty for López - 8 August, 2016
- WTCC: LADAs struggle with extra weight - 7 August, 2016
- WTCC: López inherits pole after Guerrieri penalised - 7 August, 2016
- WTCC: Girolami gets Volvo test drive - 5 August, 2016