Ferrari’s 2012 challenger is not attractive, team principal Stefano Domenicali has warned journalists at the Italian team’s annual Wrooom! skiing event.
The new car, codenamed the 663, has been designed with the sole aim of reclaiming the Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championship crowns, after the team finished a distant third behind Red Bull Racing and McLaren last year.
“It’s definitely different,” Domenicali told journalists at his press conference.
“It’s not that pretty, because the shape defined by the technical regulations does not leave much scope, but – and this is what counts really – our hopes are that it is at the very least quick.”
The team will take the wraps off its new car on 3 February, before it conducts an initial shakedown.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
FEATURE: CLICK HERE to see ten of the ugliest concepts in F1!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘Tasman Cup (1964-1975)’ - 19 September, 2017
- Hamilton wins in Singapore as Ferrari self-destructs - 18 September, 2017
- Pérez confirmed at Force India - 17 September, 2017
- Supercars: Sandown’s safety headache - 17 September, 2017
- Vettel storms to vital Singapore pole - 17 September, 2017