The Lotus F1 team has announced a reshuffling in its management ranks, with Luxembourg-born Patrick Louis promoted to the role of Chief Executive Officer. His previous role of Chief Operating Officer will now be filled by Switzerland’s Thomas Mayer. Both men will work alongside Team Principal Eric Boullier.
Perhaps more interestingly, there is word that the team may be on the verge of announcing a major sponsorship deal.
One suggestion is that this could be with Unilever, the world’s third-largest consumer goods company, ranked behind Procter & Gamble and Nestlé.
The company manufactures an enormous range of products in the food, beverage, personal care and cleaning sectors, owning subsidiaries that include Ben & Jerry’s ice creams, Flora dairy products, Lipton tea, Dove and Lux beauty care, and laundry brands Omo and Surf.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘Tasman Cup (1964-1975)’ - 19 September, 2017
- Hamilton wins in Singapore as Ferrari self-destructs - 18 September, 2017
- Pérez confirmed at Force India - 17 September, 2017
- Supercars: Sandown’s safety headache - 17 September, 2017
- Vettel storms to vital Singapore pole - 17 September, 2017