Australia’s national anthem, Advance Australia Fair, is perhaps not the greatest anthem to have graced the planet, but we will always salute a good patriotic effort when we see one.
So what if we heard a Formula 1 engine revving Advance Australia Fair, as was the case when the Red Bull Racing show car made an appearance at Melbourne’s Federation Square on Wednesday evening?
The line ‘girt by sea’ has never sounded – and probably will never again – as good!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘Tasman Cup (1964-1975)’ - 19 September, 2017
- Hamilton wins in Singapore as Ferrari self-destructs - 18 September, 2017
- Pérez confirmed at Force India - 17 September, 2017
- Supercars: Sandown’s safety headache - 17 September, 2017
- Vettel storms to vital Singapore pole - 17 September, 2017