The FIA International Court of Appeal will hear Campos Racing’s appeal against Dušan Borković’s disqualification from the World Touring Car Championship’s visit to Argentina.
The Serbian driver was excluded from his eighth-placed finish in Race 2 at the Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo after failing a post-race ride height check. The team claimed in its defence that Borković’s front splitter had been damaged by contact earlier in the race, but their claims were rejected by the race stewards.
The appeal will be heard on Friday September 26 before the WTCC field heads to Beijing’s Goldenport Park circuit for the first of four Asian flyaway rounds to close out the season.
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘Tasman Cup (1964-1975)’ - 19 September, 2017
- Hamilton wins in Singapore as Ferrari self-destructs - 18 September, 2017
- Pérez confirmed at Force India - 17 September, 2017
- Supercars: Sandown’s safety headache - 17 September, 2017
- Vettel storms to vital Singapore pole - 17 September, 2017