Lewis Hamilton has secured his 70th career pole position in a narrow fight with Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen which ended with the Briton just 0.045s ahead. Hamilton’s day was made even brighter as Vettel’s engine woes carried on from FP3 which meant he couldn’t complete a lap in the first part of qualifying, and will start from the back of the grid in a race where he was expected to make up for the poor showing in Singapore.
More to follow..
Sunday’s 56-lap race starts at 15:00 local (GMT +8)
Image via LAT Images
Latest posts by Ahmad Shallouf (see all)
- Hamilton on pole, Vettel last - 30 September, 2017
- Ricciardo dominates FP2 in Singapore - 15 September, 2017
- Ricciardo on top in FP1 - 15 September, 2017
- F2: Ghiotto atones penalty with Sprint Race victory - 3 September, 2017
- F2: Ghiotto wins dramatic home race - 3 September, 2017