Toyota test driver Kamui Kobayashi was handed the chance to run on his home Grand Prix weekend at late notice after being given the nod by Toyota. The local driver makes his first appearance of the year in practice at Suzuka on Friday as Timo Glock recovers from illness.
GP2 driver Kobayashi’s appearance at a circuit he knows extremely well means the Japanese fans are watching two local drivers, with Williams’ Kazuki Nakajima being the other.
Obviously the Toyota illness is spreading! First, Jarno Trulli is waylaid by a fever during the week, and now Timo Glock is too unwell to drive on Friday. Is there something in the water at Toyota???
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020