Timo Glock is almost certain to miss tomorrow’s Japanese Grand Prix after crashing heavily during Saturday’s qualifying session. At Toyota’s home race, the German driver’s car ran wide coming onto the start/finish straight before suffering a heavy impact with the tyre barriers.
Timo, who has been unwell with air conditioning flu this week, is reported to be ‘wounded’ on his left leg – a likely reason for this is that carbon fibre shards punctured the footwell of the car.
Although Timo was seen removing his steering wheel immediately after impact, he has since been airlifted from the circuit to hospital.
Will keep you posted on his condition…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018