Timo Glock will miss the Japanese GP after crashing heavily in qualifying on Saturday. The German, on the team’s home weekend, slammed into the tyre barriers at the final corner of the lap before being airlifted to hospital.
After missing both practice sessions on Friday after picking up
food poisoning from Kamui Kobayashi air conditioning flu, Glock returned to the cockpit on Saturday until the ill-timed crash wrecked his weekend for good.
Apparently Timo’s crash was as a result of him reading his dashboard displays and not paying attention to the road ahead. Remember to keep your eyes on the road, people!
Timo is believed to have ‘wounded’ his left leg and underwent precautionary x-rays yesterday. Toyota’s sole runner, Jarno Trulli, starts from second on the grid in Japan.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018