Webber will now support his teammate Sebastian Vettel’s charge for the 2009 drivers’ title, Red Bull team boss Christian Horner has revealed.
While Vettel has an outside shot at overhauling Brawn’s Jenson Button in the final two races of the season, his Australian teammate is no longer in mathematical contention.
"Mark is a team player and understands that he must now support Sebastian," Horner told Germany’s Sport Bild magazine.
No doubt tjhrough gritted teeth, Webber dryly confirmed his new role: "If the team asks me to, I will drive for Sebastian."
Oh well, Mark, better luck next season!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019