Webber will now support his teammate Sebastian Vettel’s charge for the 2009 drivers’ title, Red Bull team boss Christian Horner has revealed.
While Vettel has an outside shot at overhauling Brawn’s Jenson Button in the final two races of the season, his Australian teammate is no longer in mathematical contention.
"Mark is a team player and understands that he must now support Sebastian," Horner told Germany’s Sport Bild magazine.
No doubt tjhrough gritted teeth, Webber dryly confirmed his new role: "If the team asks me to, I will drive for Sebastian."
Oh well, Mark, better luck next season!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018