Felipe Massa was finally back behind the wheel of a Ferrari F1 car on Monday at Ferrari’s private track Fiorano. It was the first time since his accident in Hungary. After his first laps on Monday Massa said it felt as if he had never been away.
"When I was in the car it felt as if nothing had happened. I’m the same bastard as before," Massa told AFP. "Everything went well, I’m in good shape physically, it felt as if the incident on July 25 had never happened. I had no problems with my sight and I’m ready to do not one but two races in a row.
"Obviously I’ll take my time as a precaution, you have to respect that, but having got in the car I can tell you that I’m just as I was before the accident."
Great news, Felipe!!!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019