Giancarlo Fisichella continued his horror run as Ferrari’s stand-in driver and was the first man to be eliminated from qualifying at Interlagos as the Italian lost control of his Ferrari at Turn 2. Having blocked the track and caused a red flag, the Roman made his way back to the pits on foot.
"It’s dangerous everywhere," the 2003 race winner told the BBC, "even in the pitlane, so they need to do something."
With terrible conditions causing several incidents, the Ferrari driver will start Sunday’s race last on the grid. "I had aquaplaning and spun in the slow-speed corners," he added. "Then the anti-stall didn’t work again and that was it."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018