Toyota team president John Howett on Saturday said Kimi Raikkonen’s management is asking for more money before the Finn agrees to switch to the Japanese-owned team for next season.
Spain’s Diario AS newspaper insisted earlier today that Raikkonen actually signed for McLaren Mercedes almost immediately after agreeing to leave Ferrari at the end of the season.
But Howett told the BBC at Interlagos: "His manager has asked for more money and we’ve said we think we’ve put enough money on the table."
Not getting too greedy, are we, Kimi?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018