Toyota team president John Howett on Saturday said Kimi Raikkonen’s management is asking for more money before the Finn agrees to switch to the Japanese-owned team for next season.
Spain’s Diario AS newspaper insisted earlier today that Raikkonen actually signed for McLaren Mercedes almost immediately after agreeing to leave Ferrari at the end of the season.
But Howett told the BBC at Interlagos: "His manager has asked for more money and we’ve said we think we’ve put enough money on the table."
Not getting too greedy, are we, Kimi?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018