The Spanish media is reporting that Nelson Piquet Jr. may be in the running for a seat at Campos in 2010. The Brazilian, ousted by the Renault team after the Hungarian Grand Prix and once of the principal villains in the Crashgate scandal, is believed to be on the shortlist which also includes Bruno Senna and Pedro de la Rosa.
not particularly quick immensely experienced de la Rosa favourite for the first seat at the Spanish team, Senna and now Piquet have been linked with the outfit, which makes the climb up the ladder from GP2 ahead of next season.
Team owner Adrián Campos, who drove 16 Formula One Grands Prix himself between 1987 and 1988 for Minardi, confirmed his talks with the drivers. "I spoke with Nelsinho Piquet in Nice three weeks ago and
his dad offered an enormous amount of cash for me to take on his useless son, it’s a possibility," he explained to Spanish news agency EFE.
"Pedro could come but we need to reach an agreement and the issue is dragging on a lot, but hopefully he will be one of our drivers; he would still want to stay as a McLaren test driver but we’re not closing the door."
Adrián, please don’t take Nelsinho, regardless of how much his Dad is bribing you to do so!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020