Shades is Piquet vs. Salazar in 1982!
Trulli has been fined US $10,000 and hit with an official reprimand for his behaviour after a first-lap incident with Adrian Sutil at Interlagos on Sunday. The Italian crashed mid-way through the first lap in Brazil after losing control of his Toyota whilst trying to pass Sutil’s Force India.
Trulli was seen running from the site of his crash to Sutil’s similarly stricken car, before the pair almost came to blows. The stewards ruled that the clash had been a "racing incident", but took a dim view of veteran Trulli ignoring marshals’ instructions to leave the track and instead "aggressively confronting" Sutil.
“I got hit in the rear and lost control of the car,” said Sutil. “Trulli was there on the outside trying to go round. It was a really stupid manoeuvre as there was no space and I couldn’t see him at all.
“At that point it wasn’t worth it and it ended my race far too early on as I went over into the gravel. Jarno was furious and said it was my mistake but I just told him what had happened to me. But it’s over and now he’s just got to deal with it."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018