Toyota will not reach a deal with Kimi Raikkonen for next season unless he drops his pay demands, team president John Howett has revealed.
The Cologne-based team has made Raikkonen an offer, Howett revealed last weekend in Brazil.
"He gave us back a figure that is much too high," he is quoted as saying by the Swiss publication Motorsport Aktuell. "He says he has two options, so we are going to wait
and call his bluff."
It is believed that Raikkonen will receive about 25 million Euros from Ferrari for the early termination of his contract, while his management is asking about the same amount from both McLaren and Toyota!
Kimi, there is a difference between VALUE and WORTH – perhaps you need to get your dictionary out and refresh your understanding of these concepts.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018