The news remains unofficial as yet, but a well-connected figure has all but confirmed the driver line-up of Williams’ for next year.
The British team heads into this weekend’s Abu Dhabi season finale with Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima at the wheel of their FW31s, but the team looks set for a wholesale driver change ahead of its 2010 championship campaign.
Rosberg is likely to head to Brawn, while Kazuki Nakajima is sure to find himself on the unemployment list after a horror season and the forthcoming parting of ways with the Japanese driver’s backer, engine supplier Toyota.
Over the last few weeks, speculation has been sending Barrichello to Williams in 2010. To Brazil’s SporTV recently, he remained evasive on the question: "I have the possibility of being with Brawn and also with others," he said.
However Willi Weber, former manager to Michael Schumacher and now manager to GP2 champion Nico Hulkenberg, let the cat out of the bag when speaking to Germany’s Bild am Sonntag newspaper about his new charge, who is also the current Williams test driver.
"I think he will be a match for his new teammate Barrichello," Weber said.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020