USF1 co-founder Peter Windsor has rubbished suggestions that his team is trying to terminate its contract with engine supplier Cosworth.
Reports in the German press mentioned the rumour last week, amid speculation the new American team’s sporting director believes switching to Toyota power would be a better option.
However, it has also been suggested that USF1 is trying to cancel contracts in anticipation of failing to make it to the 2010 grid. Is this the more likely scenario?
"The rumours are not true, I’m afraid," Windsor told the GPWeek magazine. "We are fully committed to Cosworth – which is why we are delighted to have Bernard Ferguson [Cosworth’s former director of motorsport] working for us."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018