Nico Rosberg has announced that he will not be racing for the Williams team next year. The news confirms that the German will not compete for the English team for the first time in his Formula One career, with a move to championship-winning Brawn GP expected by most F1 insiders.
Having joined F1 in 2006, speculation states that Rosberg could move to Brawn with Mercedes possibly buying into the former Honda outfit.
"This is my last race for Williams so it’s a bit strange," Nico told the media at Yas Marina on Thursday. However, the 24-year-old resisted from saying to which team he will be moving.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020