Toyota is unlikely to retain either Timo Glock or Jarno Trulli for another season, as the Cologne-based squad has made no secrets about being keen to sign a fresh driver line-up for 2010. Trulli has revealed that he does have other options for next year but admits that there are chances he will be leaving the Japanese marque after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend.
Having made his Formula One debut for Minardi in 1997, Italian Trulli is about to complete his 13th season in the sport. Following the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend, the experienced Pescara man will have competed in 216 Formula One races with one victory, eleven podium finishes and four pole positions to his name.
"Obviously, there is a high chance that I will be leaving Toyota but it difficult to say," Trulil said at Yas Marina. "A lot is up in the air; I prefer not to make any speculation but obviously I’ve got some options."
One of the rumoured options appears to be a tie-up with Mike Gascoye, a long-time fan of Trulli and the current Technical Director at the new-for-2010 Lotus Team.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020