Mark Webber will have further surgery next month to remove the titanium rod from the leg he broke badly in a pre-season cycling crash. Remarkably, Webber’s 2009 season – featuring two wins and a guaranteed fourth place in the world championship – was the best so far in his eight-year career.
"I had the worst preparation ever, but it turns out I’ve had my best season ever," he said. "I think next season will start off not a million miles from how we’ve finished this one."
It turns out that "break a leg" might actually bring about some luck!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020