Mark Webber will have further surgery next month to remove the titanium rod from the leg he broke badly in a pre-season cycling crash. Remarkably, Webber’s 2009 season – featuring two wins and a guaranteed fourth place in the world championship – was the best so far in his eight-year career.
"I had the worst preparation ever, but it turns out I’ve had my best season ever," he said. "I think next season will start off not a million miles from how we’ve finished this one."
It turns out that "break a leg" might actually bring about some luck!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018