Mark Webber will have further surgery next month to remove the titanium rod from the leg he broke badly in a pre-season cycling crash. Remarkably, Webber’s 2009 season – featuring two wins and a guaranteed fourth place in the world championship – was the best so far in his eight-year career.
"I had the worst preparation ever, but it turns out I’ve had my best season ever," he said. "I think next season will start off not a million miles from how we’ve finished this one."
It turns out that "break a leg" might actually bring about some luck!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019
- Williams confirms Latifi for 2020 - 28 November, 2019
- Supercars: Stanaway hangs up his helmet - 26 November, 2019
- Formula E: Sims wins chaotic second race in Diriyah - 24 November, 2019