Mark Webber will have further surgery next month to remove the titanium rod from the leg he broke badly in a pre-season cycling crash. Remarkably, Webber’s 2009 season – featuring two wins and a guaranteed fourth place in the world championship – was the best so far in his eight-year career.
"I had the worst preparation ever, but it turns out I’ve had my best season ever," he said. "I think next season will start off not a million miles from how we’ve finished this one."
It turns out that "break a leg" might actually bring about some luck!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018