Adrian Sutil has jokingly suggested that he may create some artwork for Jarno Trulli following the pair’s collision on the first lap of the Brazilian Grand Prix, and the ongoing fracas that has simmered between the two ever since. With the Italian having produced several photos of the incident in Thursday’s press conference at Yas Marina, the German is sensibly keen to put the matter behind him.
With second row grid slots soon translating into first-lap retirements at Interlagos a fortnight ago, the collision between he and Trulli resulted in Sutil’s car continuing accross the grass before taking out the Renault of Fernando Alonso.
With Adrian and Jarno highly likely see eye to eye as to who’s fault the collision was and Trulli particularly keen to express his side of the story to anyone who’ll listen, Sutil is able to see the comical side of events.
"Hopefully it is [over]," he told Autosport . "He will walk around with his pictures for a few weeks more and tell everybody but…" A shrug of the shoulders by Adrian was accompanied by a final suggestion from the German:
"Maybe I will draw a picture for him with a Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, or a Goofy or whatever…it’s done – I can’t listen to it anymore."
And neither can we. Thoughts???
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020