Bruno Senna, nephew of Formula One legend Ayrton, has been confirmed as making his race debut with the new Campos Meta team next year. Campos Chief Executive, Rodriguez de Castro, said: "It’s an extraordinary honour for the Senna name to be returning to Formula One."
With rumours of the news having come mostly from fan messages on Bruno’s personal Twitter account on Friday, Campos confirmed that the speculation was true as the weekend began.
Senna, 2008 GP2 runner-up, tested with Honda last year, shortly before the Japanese car manufacturer announced that it would be pulling out of the sport.
‘I’d like to thank God, my family, friends and all of my supporters! Thanks,’ Bruno wrote on Twitter.
You’d better thank the deep pockets of your sponsors too, Bruno!
How does everyone think he’ll go?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018