The photographers and gossip columnists have been working overtime this weekend, with several celebrity sightings mixed with the occasional past figure in F1 folklore.
U.S. Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, visited the paddock on Saturday, possibly to broker a lucrative new oil deal for the Obama government. She remained tight-lipped over the rumours surrounding the future of USF1, however!
The 1996 champion, Damon Hill, was also milling the paddock, and trying to secure the future of the British GP at Silverstone now that Donington’s plans went south.
Toyota pulled in the big guns and hosted reggae band, The Wailers. No, neither do we.
McLaren chairman Ron Dennis made a timely return to the paddock to witness Hamilton’s pole effort. Dennis had enforced a self-imposed exile since the ‘LieGate’ scandal, and this was his first return to the paddock since his departure as Team Principal. Coincidentally, his arch-rival and outgoing FIA President, Max Moseley, was nowhere to be seen!
Jamiroquai front man and huge F1 fan, Jay Kay, made another return as a celebrity guest, having previously been a high profile visitor in past years at Bahrain and Monaco.
And Lewis Hamilton’s perpetual squeeze, Pussycat Dolls lead "singer", Nichole Shirt Slinger, made her usual presence felt. No doubt the race director will cut to her inane bouncing and pouting in the McLaren garage at every opportunity!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020