Heikki Kovalainen will drop back five places on the grid after changing a gearbox following qualifying in Abu Dhabi. The punishment makes for difficult reading for Heikki, especially as team-mate Lewis Hamilton was able to grab pole position at Yas Marina.
After beating Hamilton to lead a McLaren 1-2 in second practice on Friday, Kovalainen’s car ground to an abrupt halt in Q2; as the reason was a gearbox failure and Kovalainen therefore forced to take a regulatory penalty, the Finn was left feeling seriously let down.
“What a disappointing outcome to my qualifying,” he said. “I got stuck in second gear during Q2 and that was it. I had already had minor problems with the gearbox yesterday, when it jumped out of gear, so it’s frustrating when you have a car you can easily take into Q3.”
Here’s hoping your luck takes a turn for the better in the race!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020