Sébastien Buemi rounded off an outstanding weekend to claim the final point of the season in Abu Dhabi on Sunday. The Toro Rosso driver, who therefore moves ahead of Force India’s Adrian Sutil to sixteenth in the championship, finishes his debut season with a total of six points.
With Buemi’s eighth place rounding off a superb weekend on which he finished in the top ten in all sessions, the Swiss driver’s result means he completes the first and last races of the season in the top eight.
His points’ finish moves the team to a total of 8 for the season (the sacked Sebastien Bourdais having picked up 2 points), but no enough to vault them ahead of Force India for ninth in the standings. Quite a bump to earth for the team that took its maiden win in 2008 and finished ahead of its parent Red Bull team, but the team has performed well in spite of its limited budget.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020