Kamui Kobayashi once again impressed in Abu Dhabi to, in just his second ever Formula One race, score World Championship points. The Japanese driver, who continued to sub for the injured Timo Glock, finished sixth to pick up three points and beat team-mate Jarno Trulli in the process.
With Trulli having started the race sixth and Kobayashi twelfth, the Italian looked set to be Toyota team leader for the final race of the season although rapid pace and an effective one-stop strategy allowed Formula One’s latest rookie to raise more eyebrows in the United Arab Emirates.
The Japanese driver’s race also included an exciting pass on Jenson Button, with whom he fought in Brazil a fortnight ago as well.
Will this be enough to secure a race seat for 2010?
[Original image via GP Update.net]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020