Yet more support that Kimi Raikkonen is a greedy bastard!
With Williams having announced its 2010 driver line-up this week, the remaining seats at the Brawn and McLaren teams are now the talking points, with Nico Rosberg and Kimi Räikkönen favourites to fill the respective vacancies. Rosberg looks the most likely man to move to the World Champion team, however, after Principal Ross Brawn questioned the desired salary of the 2007 World Champion.
Rosberg’s move to the Brackley team would be an effective swapping of seats with Rubens Barrichello’s transition to Williams. "We will find a solution," Brawn is quoted as saying by Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.
However, what does Ross make of the requested figures from the man who was the highest-paid driver on the grid in 2009?
"Too expensive," the Englishman said of Räikkönen. "His management negotiate as if there is no separation from Ferrari."
With only six drivers confirmed so far for the 26-car grid of next year, word continues to circulate that a Brawn move by Rosberg could be accompanied by a part Mercedes buy-out of the team.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020