Abu Dhabi GP winner Sebastian Vettel and seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher have claimed their third consecutive Race of Champions (RoC) Nations Cup for Team Germany.
The pair beat the Team GB pairing of new F1 World Champion, Jenson Button, and three time FIA World Touring Car Champion, Andy Priaulx, in the tie break race of the Nations Cup finale.
The German drivers defeated teams from the host nation, China, and Finland on their way to the semi-finals. There, they met the fired-up American team of Tanner Foust and Travis Pastrana.
It looked like an upset could be on the cards, when Foust drifted his way around the parallel track inside the Bird’s Nest stadium to outclass Schumacher, but Vettel restored national pride with victories over both Pastrana and Foust.
"It’s great to win the Nations Cup for the third time in a row," said Vettel." It’s all about team work in this event and I’d like to say thanks to the fans.”
Well done, Sebastian and Schuey!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020