Well, his dad’s blessing…!
Lewis Hamilton would
destroy welcome Kimi Raikkonen as his new McLaren Mercedes team-mate, his father Anthony Hamilton has confirmed.
The outgoing world champion, Hamilton, has until now stated his desire to keep Heikki Kovalainen
in a subservient role alongside him, raising suggestions he does not want to be challenged by the occupant of the sister car.
"First, I want to say that neither Lewis nor myself have any influence on the decision," Hamilton Snr told the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat.
"But if I was deciding between Kimi and Heikki, I would go for Kimi," he added, "even if I have nothing against Heikki. We’ve always liked him; he’s a great team-mate and does his job well."
"Kimi is a cool guy," Anthony Hamilton added. "I think he is the prime candidate and the best driver to be at Lewis’ side in this team; they would push each other on."
Let’s get ready for a repeat of Alonso vs. Lewis!
[Image from formula1.com]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020