Perhaps there’s proof that F1 outcast Sebastien Bourdais can still drive after all! Admittedly, this is in the utterly daft SuperLeague championship, so I won’t read a huge amount into it…
Ex-Toro Rosso driver Bourdais secured his first Superleague Formula pole position at Jarama in Spain, following his maiden race win at the earlier round in Estoril.
Driving for the Sevilla football team, Bourdais just pipped Anderlecht’s Yelmer Buurman (no, me neither) to pole by 0.006s.
Bourdais was unable to replicate his previous form and did not secure a win in any of the round’s races.
The series features other ex-F1 "notables" like Antonio Pizzonia, Enrique Bernoldi and Giorgio Pantano.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020