Perhaps there’s proof that F1 outcast Sebastien Bourdais can still drive after all! Admittedly, this is in the utterly daft SuperLeague championship, so I won’t read a huge amount into it…
Ex-Toro Rosso driver Bourdais secured his first Superleague Formula pole position at Jarama in Spain, following his maiden race win at the earlier round in Estoril.
Driving for the Sevilla football team, Bourdais just pipped Anderlecht’s Yelmer Buurman (no, me neither) to pole by 0.006s.
Bourdais was unable to replicate his previous form and did not secure a win in any of the round’s races.
The series features other ex-F1 "notables" like Antonio Pizzonia, Enrique Bernoldi and Giorgio Pantano.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018