Robert Kubica’s first motorsport appearance for Renault did not go to plan when he crashed out of the Taormina-Messina rally at the weekend.
Kubica, driving a DP Motorsports-prepared Renault Clio R3, was leading his class before the incident took place.
With the 3-day event having begun on Friday, Kubica found himself eighth overall and leading in class as the first day came to an end. His rally rally came to an end, though, when – lying half a second ahead of his nearest rival – he struck a wall on the right-front during SS3 on Saturday.
[Image from the BBC]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020