As part of Mercedes confirming a majority stake in the Brawn team today, the German engine manufacturer has also extended its contract to continue supplying engines to McLaren until at least 2015.
From 2010 onwards, McLaren will no longer be the works team of Mercedes although the squad – which is now strongly expected to have a line-up of Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton next year – will carry on the partnership it began in 1995.
One assumes that Mercedes has sold its stake in McLaren as part of its purchase of the Brawn GP team.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018