Lotus Technical Director, Mike Gascoyne has named Jarno Trulli as an ideal driver for the new team.
Team Boss Tony Fernandes has revealed that one driver for 2010 has already been signed, although his identity will not be confirmed until a second driver also joins.
Gascoyne, has worked with Trulli at the Jordan, Renault and Toyota teams.
In recent comments published by France’s L’Equipe, he said: "On a single lap, Jarno is always able to do an excellent time,” he said. “ It’s important for a team to know fairly quickly where it is on a Saturday. Jarno would give us that.
Trulli, a veteran of 13 seasons, over 200 grands prix and victory at the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix, will test a Sprint Cup NASCAR in Florida tomorrow.
Gascoyne said Lotus’ drivers will be confirmed in November because the team wants to "act rather than just react to the others".
I think it’s fairly safe to assume that no one but Lotus will hire Jarno!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020