As if to counter what we’re already thinking, McLaren Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh has denied that Jenson Button has joined the team due to a refusal by Brawn GP to up the Englishman’s pay demands.
"I want to make clear that Jenson’s decision to join us was in no way motivated by money."
That you have to even say that, Martin, clearly indicates that everyone’s been thinking it is! We’re not stupid!
"We’ll be paying him no more than he could be getting elsewhere and that fact is a reflection of, not only Jenson’s belief in Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, but also his desire and ambition to build on the phenomenal results he achieved during the 2009 season."
What a load of CRAP! If you weren’t offering more than Brawn, Jenson would probably have stayed there!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020