As expected, Mercedes GP has announced that Nico Rosberg will be spearheading its 2010 line-up as the Stuttgart manufacturer prepares to return to Formula 1 as a constructor for the first time since 1955. Following a press conference in Germany on Monday afternoon, the team-mate to the former Williams driver is yet to be revealed.
Following Mercedes-Benz’s buyout of the Brawn GP outfit, at least one German driver was always expected in the line-up of 2010.
"I am really happy to be a part of the Silver Arrows re-launch in 2010 as a driver for Mercedes," commented the 24-year-old son of 1982 World Champion Keke Rosberg.
"I am very proud that I will now drive for the new Mercedes team and work with Ross Brawn [Team Principal]. I am more motivated than ever and can hardly wait to start testing with the new Silver Arrow and for the first race of the new season in Bahrain."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019
- Supercars: Holdsworth confirmed at Tickford - 21 December, 2018
- Supercars: Stanaway, Tickford split - 10 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018