With the Lotus F1 team having already hinted that one seat has been filled for next season, the Malaysian-owned outfit is yet to decide on the team-mate of the currently unknown first driver. Team Principal Tony Fernandes has revealed, however, that options have now been filtered down further.
With Jarno Trulli widely viewed as the first Lotus driver, due to his past working relationships with team Technical Director Mike Gascoyne at Jordan, Renault and Toyota, neither seat is officially confirmed as the famous name returns to the sport for the first time since 1994.
Shortly after touching down in New York on Thursday, Fernandes (above) revealed that his choices have been narrowed down again. ‘Have to decide on 4 drivers for 2 seats,’ the head of Tune Group, the name behind Airline AirAsia, wrote on Twitter.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020