Force India has announced that Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi will remain with the Silverstone outfit for the 2010 season.
The news marks what will be the accident-prone German’s fourth straight season in Formula 1 and the full-time return of the Italian, after racing with Toro Rosso in 2007.
Although the Silverstone-based team started it season with Sutil and Giancarlo Fisichella this year, Liuzzi moved up from the reserve position as his compatriot transferred to Ferrari. After scoring its first pole position, World Championship points and a podium in 2009, Vijay Mallya hopes for more in 2010.
"We are very pleased to retain the services of both Adrian and Tonio for another season," the team co-owner said. "We have always maintained that consistency is key at this stage in the team’s development and for the first time in many years we will have the continuity of, not only the same drivers, but also the same engine and senior management."
Here’s hoping for further progress for the team!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020
- Hamilton on pole for Tuscan GP - 13 September, 2020