As speculation continues regarding a race return for Jacques Villeneuve, the famous Canadian racer paid a visit to Lotus’ headquarters and was given a tour of Colin Chapman’s first workshops.
The 1997 world champion, who is openly hoping to re-enter the sport in 2010 after a three-year absence and has been training intensively in Austria, said earlier this month that he was in preliminary talks with the outfit.
The local Norwich Evening News said Villeneuve met with Lotus executives.
“Jacques’ visit is an honour for Lotus," stated CEO Dany Bahar. "Our people are a blend of talent and expertise combined with passion for our brand. Our highlights are theirs, so this is a special day for us all."
Jarno Trulli has also been strongly linked with a Lotus seat for next year.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020