His road to recovery continues!
Felipe Massa took a popular victory in the second leg of his charity karting event, the International Challenge of Go-Kart Champions, at Florianopolis in Brazil today.
The Brazilian beat his former Ferrari team-mate Michael Schumacher to victory by just 0.087 seconds – the pair having climbed through the field as their third and first places in yesterday’s opening heat had left them starting down the order on the partially reversed grid.
Schumacher’s combination of a win and a second place made him the outright champion of the annual event, ahead of Massa, who was having his first competitive race since his Hungaroring accident in July.
Rubens Barrichello had led the early laps of today’s heat and eventually finished fourth behind IndyCar driver Vitor Meira.
Things could get even better for Massa this weekend as his wife, Rafaela, is expecting the couple’s first child. He had a plane waiting for him at the local airport in case she went into labour in Sao Paulo.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020