But can they help him go faster?
The organisers of the Canadian Grand Prix hope to see Jacques Villeneuve return to Formula 1 next season. The Canadian is linked to Lotus F1 and if Villeneuve would need any help to seal a deal in F1 for next year’s grid the organisers of the Grand Prix in Montreal are more than happy to help.
According to Octane Racing Group’s Francois Dumontier the company, who is running the promotion of next year’s Canadian Grand Prix, would be very happy to see the famous Canadian driver return in the grid. "I can’t deny that if Jacques is back in a Formula One car it will help the Grand Prix," Dumontier told the National Post. "People here love him. We saw how popular he is when he raced NASCAR here. I would be fan No. 1 if Jacques is back in a Lotus car and if we can help him, that’s what we’ll do."
The future is looking a little brighter for Jacques!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020