It seems as though speculation regarding Michael Schumacher’s possible F1 comeback with Mercedes Grand Prix won’t die until the team officially announces Nico Rosberg’s team-mate for 2010.
Mercedes Motorsport president Norberg Haug has continued to fan the flames when he refused to rule out Schumacher as an option for the team.
Ever since the seven-time champ’s aborted F1 comeback to replace the injured Felipe Massa at Ferrari last year, rumours continue about his comeback to Formula 1.
Schumacher’s pre-F1 career was with Mercedes in the World Sportscar Championship and now that the company returns to Formula 1 with its own team following the take over of Brawn GP, many hope Schumacher will join forces with his former engineer Ross Brawn.
The German newspaper Bild asked Haug if he could rule out the signing of Michael Schumacher. But instead of stopping all the rumours, he cannily replied: "Clearly there are speculations when a cockpit needs to be filled, so who knows…"
[Original image via Bild]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020