Former Minardi driver and multiple A1GP winner Alex Yoong has joined the Lotus F1 team to head up its young driver development programme.
The Malaysian will focus on the Asian arm of the scheme, with Litespeed F3 team principal Nino Judge overseeing the European arm.
It is hoped Yoong and Judge will be able to find and nurture Malaysian talent with a view to racing for the Lotus team in the longer term future.
I was rather hoping we’d see Alex behind the wheel at some stage!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020