Following confirmation of their successful acceptance into the 2010 F1 field and their tie-in with Ferrari to supply engines to the team, might mean Ferrari test driver Giancarlo Fisichella might make a return to Sauber in 2010.
The Italian veteran drove for the Swiss team in 2004 after two largely fruitless years with Jordan, and his impressive drives earned him a call-up to his most successful stint at Renault in 2005-7.
Fisichella’s Ferrari contract leaves the door open for a parallel race seat, and with Sauber’s deal to race a Ferrari engine and powertrain next year, he has logically been mentioned as a contender.
"First of all I’m happy that [Sauber] can participate in the championship and I would like to be able to collaborate with a team I know, and I got on very well with them: together with Ferrari we’ll see if that will be possible," he said at the Bologna motor show.
Having a known quantity in the re-formed Sauber team certainly wouldn’t be a bad idea, Mr Sauber?
[Image from Formula1.com]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019