When asked at the Virgin Racing launch to respond to comments from Tony Fernandes – who recently joked that if his Lotus team didn’t beat Virgin Racing he would retire and kill himself – the airline magnate Richard Branson has offered up a dare of his own.
"I like Tony a lot so I hope he doesn’t have to kill himself, but at the same time I’d obviously like to beat him so maybe we should think of a different challenge," said Branson.
"He has an airline and we have an airline, so if we beat him he can come and work on our airline as a Virgin stewardess – which will save him having to kill himself and we’ll make sure the stewardess outfit is perfect for him.
"I suspect if he beats us he might ask me to reciprocate, I’ll have to check out how fetching his stewardess outfits are, but I’d be game to do it."
One wonders what Kingfisher Airlines and Force India owner Vijay Mallya must make of not being included in this dare? I can’t imagine him squeezing his frame into a stewardess’ outfit in a hurry!
Certainly Branson is no stranger to a little cross-dressing (below)!
[Original image via Business Week]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020