The Malaysian-owned oil and gas company and former sponsor of the Sauber and BMW teams, Petronas, has announced it will not be a team sponsor in the 2010 season.
The brand will remain in the sport as the title sponsor of the Malaysian GP, scheduled as Round 3 in the upcoming season.
This is bad news for both Sauber and Lotus – who was vying for Petronas sponsorship given its Malaysian ownership.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020